Obtaining legal services is confusing, expensive and time consuming. Whether you need to resolve a traffic ticket or obtain workers’ compensation, just finding the right lawyer can feel like a full-time job–and one that most of us can’t afford. That’s why IDG provides its members with access to quality, affordable legal services from lawyers who are vetted, care about customer service and understand the needs of drivers. We believe that the justice system should work for everyone, not just the rich and powerful, and we want to ensure that all drivers are given a fair opportunity to advocate for their rights.
Below is a sampling of some of the legal services offered by IDG to drivers in states across the country. There are still cities and states where legal services are not currently available to drivers. Those gaps represent opportunities for drivers to join with IDG to organize and advocate for representation.
- Legal Assistance with Traffic Tickets
- One of the biggest challenges drivers face is contesting unfair traffic tickets. IDG is proud to partner with attorneys in states across the country who specialize in traffic tickets and the rideshare industry. At a reasonable rate, these lawyers will apply their expertise to advocate on your behalf.
- Car Accidents & Workers’ Compensation
- Car accidents can leave drivers unable to work and at risk of losing everything they have worked for. IDG works with lawyers who can advise you on your rights and responsibilities as a driver, fighting to get you the best possible outcomes. From determining next steps to assessing injury compensation, our lawyers will advocate on your behalf at an affordable rate.
- Help with Your Local Rideshare Regulatory Agency
- Regulatory agencies vary from state to state, requiring drivers to navigate different and complicated rules and regulations. IDG finds support for drivers by partnering with experts to provide you with the best possible resources in dealing with your local regulatory agency. In New York City, for example, IDG partnered with a local expert to provide drivers with free consultations regarding issues with the Taxi and Limousine Commission, a regulatory body that can fine and ticket drivers, deduct points off their licenses, and much more. Regulatory agencies should not be allowed to prey on unsuspecting drivers. We are committed to helping drivers understand their state’s rules and regulations so that they have the knowledge to protect themselves.
- Free Legal Consultation On Any Matter
- Whatever your legal situation, IDG will pair you with a lawyer who will provide you with a free legal consultation. Your lawyer will listen to your legal issue, then explain your rights and various courses of action so that you can make the decision that’s best for you and your family.
- Document Review
- If you need help reviewing a complicated document, IDG will provide you with a lawyer to help. Your lawyer will read through the document, explain its implications and offer guidance on next steps.
- Phone Calls or Letters on your Behalf
- If you need a phone call or a letter from a lawyer, IDG will help you find one. IDG finds lawyers for drivers who, based on their discretion, will make a phone call or send a letter on official letterhead on a drivers’ behalf.
- Basic Will Preparation
- IDG members are entitled to a free will package which includes an estate planning session, preparation of a standard will, and designating a healthcare proxy. You may also create a living will with annual updates, as needed.
- Access to Legal Forms
- IDG members have access to standard legal forms, including power of attorney and lease agreements, among others.
- Additional Discounted Flat-Fee Legal Services
- Depending on your state, IDG members may also be eligible to receive additional quality legal help for a significantly discounted rate. This includes:
- Uncontested Divorce
- Criminal cases (disorderly persons offense, indictable offense, or DWI)
- Living Trusts
- Residential Closing
- IRS Audit Services
- All other hourly matters.
Learn more about what IDG can help you with in your state.